Category: History

Miloš Obilić – the First Hunter of Jastrebac

The Hunting Association was founded in 1896. According to the folk tradition, which was passed down 30 years ago by a hundred year old minstrel, whose nickname was Milan Kekonja, from the village of Kobilje.  It was believed that Miloš Obilić was born in Kobilje and that before leaving for Kruševac, he had lived in a castle and had his own hunting ground in the village of Lovci.

Tito in Jastrebac

The Lifetime President, and Marshal, of the SFR Yugoslavia or the post-war Yugoslavia, the country whose population once was 20 million, visited Kruševac twice – on June 5, in 1961, and in the spring of 1965, when he was just passing through.